A Template Page is a page which will have a layout template for you to use.
How to create a template page
- Login into your Booking Live System
- Go to the Page Editor and click the "Add new" green button
- Choose where you would like the page to be and choose "Template Page"
- Now click "Create".
This page has several options available to you:
|1. Page Name||The name for this page.|
|2. URL Segment||The URL of this page, with an option to edit.|
|3. Navigation Label||The name of the page within the site tree.|
|4. Layout Editor||Changes the structure and layout of the page.|
|Add/Remove Widgets||Allows you to maintain the use of Widgets on the page|
|5. Layout area||The section of the page where the Widgets are placed|
|Custom Menu||This allows you to create a custom list of menu items in the navigation menu for this page.|
|Custom CSS||Allows for custom CSS to be included in the page.|
|Metadata - Description||The name for this page.|
|Metadata - Custom Meta Tags||The URL of this page, with an option to edit.|
|Linked Item Tab|
|Attach Item Type||Allows you to define what object type this page is linked to (see below)|
|Select an item||Allows you to define which object this page is linked to (see below)|
The page editor provides you with several options for how you can lay out the content of your page. The page layouts are as follows:
You can link pages to items within the booking system, such as Locations or Products to enhance the content contained within your site.
If the page is linked to a product, a "More Info" button will appear on any Product Display widget containing this item.
Adding in Widgets
- Open a template page
- Click on Add/Remove Widgets
- You'll be presented with a selection of widgets on the right hand side
- Drag a widget you wish to use, to the content areas in the centre of the page
- Once you drop the widget, you'll see a pop-up with the settings for that Widget.
- Once completed, Save the popup window
- Click "Save Widgets", once you've finished placing widgets onto the page.
See the page on Widgets for more details on the various widgets that can be used.
How to preview the page
You can preview the page by one of the following options:
- Clicking on the URL Segment, which will open up the page in a new tab.
- Clicking on the Edit button in the bottom right of the editor window, and then choosing either the Split Mode or Preview Mode.
How to publish the page
To publish the page, click on "Save and Publish" in the bottom-left of the screen.