This article will be useful if your business operates from multiple locations and requires each location to have payment directed to different bank accounts.
Your customers may be able to add multiple events, from multiple locations into their basket. If this happens, the first location is where the payment will go. If you do not wish for this to happen follow the steps below to set up booking restrictions on your system.
Please follow the instruction guides for your particular gateway.
Once you have set up your particular gateway, you can then start to link Locations.
Depending on how many Locations you have in your system will depend on how many payment gateways you need to set up.
For example, if you have 2x Locations (Bristol, London) you will need to set up your payment gateway twice, one for Bristol and one for London.
If you are taking MOTO payments, you will need to set this up 2 times for each Location (depending on your payment gateway).
- Opayo Bristol
- Opayo Bristol MOTO
- Opayo London
- Opayo London MOTO
Once you have entered all the required information you will then be able to select the location to which the gateway is active.
Scrolling to the bottom of the payment gateway setup page you will be presented with the location options.
- This can either be a global setting and all products go to this gateway (e.g. left blank)
- One location to one gateway
Setting up Booking Restrictions to restrict the system to 1 Location per booking.
This means anyone attempting to put other events into their basket from other locations will no longer be accepted.
e.g. Customers can only book onto events at one location at a time.
Booking Restrictions will be useful when you would like to restrict your customers to only booking at one Location at one time.
- Step 1: Enable Booking Restrictions on your Booking System
- Step 2: Create a Booking Restriction
Step 1: Enable Booking Restrictions on your Booking System:
- Settings > General Settings > System > Admin Only
- Scroll to the very bottom and look for BL Modules
- Add to the "List of enabled modules" - "BookingRestrictions"
- CTRL + F and look for "booking restriction"
- Find "Enable Booking Restrictions on Resources and Locations" and make sure this box is checked
- Save all changes
Step 2: Create a Booking Restriction
- Settings > Restrictions
- Add + Add Booking Restriction Group
- Name this "Location"
- Then Save and further fields will appear
- Choose "Select type to create" drop-down and select "One Location Per Booking"
- Press + Add
- Save and close your changes