This guide is based on how to use the Event Import sheet to upload a multitude of events to your system via CSV.
NOTE: Currently, the import spreadsheet can only be used for Single Event products.
Firstly, you will need to raise a support ticket asking for Booking Live to provide you with an Events Import spreadsheet. This spreadsheet is created using data from your system, and will allow you to easily create events for the products that are on your system.
Note: The events import spreadsheet can only be used for the data which exist on your system at the time the sheet is created. So if you want to import events for new Products/Locations/Resources, you will need to have created these items first.
Once you have been provided with the spreadsheet, you can then fill out the "Input" tab of the sheet, by choosing the Products and Resources from the dropdowns, and providing the Capacity and Dates & Times of the events.
The "Description" and "Show" columns are optional. These allow you to add html based notes/descriptions/text which are unique to that particular event. The "Show in Email?" column determines if this information is displayed in the Confirmation Email, or just for internal use.
Note: You should not create more than 100 rows of data per import. The spreadsheet is marked at 99 rows to help with this limitation.
Creating CSV file
Once you have entered the required data, go to the Output Tab.
If you have entered less than the 99 rows of data, you will see some of the rows of the Output tab look like the following:
Before you can import the data into BookingLive, you will need to remove these unrequired rows.
Right-click on the Output Tab, and select "Move of Copy..."
In the pop-up, select "(move to end)" and "Create a copy", then click "OK"
Now select all of the rows that have "#N/A" data in them, and delete these rows from the sheet.
When you are ready to export the data: go to the main menu, choose "Save As", then "Other Formats". In this dialogue window choose the Type as "CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv)".
This will save the Output tab as a CSV file, which can then be imported into BookingLive.
In your admin system, go to: Settings > Events. In this screen, click on "Import CSV", and then upload the CSV file you have just created.
The next screen you are presented with is where you map the Columns from the Spreadsheet to data fields in BookingLive. You will need to match the column titles to the same field as presented in the dropdown menu for that column. Please ensure that all of the columns are mapped out before proceeding.
Once you have done this, click "Import CSV" and the system will do the rest.
The following fields are mandatory for an Import:
- Capacity - a plain Number
- End Date Time - YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
- Product: Code - Must match an existing Product Code
- Resource: Code - Must match an existing Resource Code
- Start Date Time - YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
- Status - On
- Type - Fixed
The following additional fields can be used in addition:
- Code - Can be used to define a Code for this particular event
- Description - Can be used to include addition information which is sent to the customer.
- Publish Date Time - Can be used to set a specified Publish date - YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
- Show In Email - Will the Description info be included in the Confirmation Email - 1 or 0
- StaffMembers: Email - The email address of an existing Staff member who is assigned to this event.
- Un Publish Date Time - Can be used to set a specified Unpublish date - YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS