A product is an individual item that can be booked or sold via your BookingLive system. Products can be activities, tours, appointments, courses, events, pitches, courts, parks etc.
How to add a new product
- Settings > Products
- Click on Actions in the top-right
- Select Add Product
- Provide a Name and Type of Product
- Click Save
- Once the product has saved, you will be provided with additional options, based on the type of Product you are using. See the relevant Product page below for more details.
Types of Products
- Single Event - This is a standard, single and fixed in advance event purchase - for example a single class on cooking skills
- Multi Event - Similar to a single event - except it is a series of events being sold as one product - e.g. a cookery class every Monday at 7pm for 10 weeks
- Availability Product - A product whose event availability is set based on opening and close times with minimum duration requirements. Duration increments can be set with the ability for customers to select the times and repeat their selection with ease.
- Template Event - This is similar to an appointment event but can involve many resources and the events created are from a fixed template... e.g. one hour on "play area" followed by one hour on either "party room one" or "party room two"
- Membership - A Recurring payment to gain access to your services - Integrates with our EPOS system.
- Vouchers - Sell Vouchers for your events from our system, or allow redemption of external vouchers.
- Linking Upsells - Details on how to link Upsells to your Products in different ways.
- Event Upsells - Products that can be sold during the booking process and will display based on the events selected.
- Physical Item - Items that are more standard "e-commerce" and do not require booking resources for periods of time - e.g. a t shirt or baseball cap, which do not have availability and that can be upsold during the booking process.
Additional settings & information
- Product Groups - Details on how to Group your products together and utilise related features.
- Waiting List - Details on how to utilise the Waiting List feature on Products.
- Booking Views - Details on what the different Booking Views look like and function.
- Product Timeline - Automate messages and other functions by date.
- PDFs - Create PDFs automatically, with merge fields for your products.
- Product Event Order - Provide early access to events for your returning customers.
- Attributes - Add keywords against Products, to help your customers find the right event
- Product Pricing - Offer multiple pricing bands for the same Product